Geissele Automatics SSF Super Select Fire Rifle Trigger for HK416
The Geissele Super Select-Fire (SSF) Trigger is a combat trigger that Geissele makes for customers in the U.S. Special Operations community. The SSF is a non-adjustable, true combat trigger, it is not a match trigger. The second stage break is like a carrot rather than an icicle. Suitable for Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine work, the Geissele SSF is also the perfect trigger for Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) rifles that need automatic fire capability.
Since the introduction of the assault weapon in WWII trigger control on these combat rifles has always been a secondary design concern. With the adoption of the Geissele SSF by U.S. Special Operations and Federal Law Enforcement a new performance level has been attained for the operator. Now that the shooter is no longer hamstrung by a heavy, gritty and inconsistent trigger pull, accuracy, hit probability and weapon reliability have increased. This has led to an order of magnitude gain in shooter confidence for those using the Geissele SSF.
Performance Advantages for the Shooter
- The Geissele SSF has a semi-automatic pull weight of about 4.5lb. 2.5 lbs on the first stage and 2lb on the second stage. The automatic pull weight is about 3/4 lb higher than the semi-auto pull weight. The pull weights and sear engagement are non adjustable. Organizations may contact Geissele directly for custom modifications to the above.
- Trigger and hammer are made from quality tool steel
- Sear surfaces are cut by a wire edm machine. Sears cut this way are very accurate and the non-directional surface finish of the wire edm gives a smooth trigger pull without the associated grittiness of directional machining marks left by a milling cutter.
- The initial force needed to start the disengagement of the sear surfaces is low and the force linearly increases at a low rate. This helps the shot to fall at the initial point of aim and aids in building shooter confidence in his weapons ability to put the rounds where his sight is pointing.
- The Geissele SSF trigger allows the shooter to slap through the semi-automatic trigger pull on close in shots but also set up a long range shot with a crisp trigger break. The automatic pull is a smooth single-stage that is ultra controllable.
- A full force hammer spring is used for quick locktime and positive ignition of all types of ammo. No lightened hammer spring is used.
The hammer is lighter than a standard AR15 hammer. The lightened hammer favorably decreases locktime and increases accuracy of the weapon, especially for snap shots.
Advantages for the Armorer
- The Geissele SSF is a simple design that is very similar to the original M16 trigger. The number of parts is identical.
- There are no adjustment screws to come loose.
- All springs are captive; they will not get lost during disassembly in the field
- The entire trigger can be dissembled for cleaning (no rivets or staked parts)
- The trigger can be installed without removing the safety
- Sear engagement is pre-set from the factory.
- Hammer and trigger pins are a close slip fit into nominal receiver holes so the trigger can be installed and removed with rudimentary tools.
- Triggers come with a slave pin for the trigger/disconnector assembly for easy installation.
- The Geissele SSF is a 2 stage trigger where there is generous overlap of the sear surfaces which contributes to safety and a low tendency of any inadvertent movement of the trigger to discharge the weapon.
- The Geissele SSF has a patented pseudo sear that is almost identical to the standard AR15 single stage sear. However, this secondary sear has surfaces that never touch during normal operation. This sear prevents the hammer from falling unless the trigger is pulled.
- The secondary safety sear contributes to shooter confidence in dynamic/vehicle situations where a fellow shooter’s muzzle may cover him. There is firm knowledge that even with the safety in the fire position the weapon can never discharge unless the trigger is pulled.
- Trigger timing is robust and parts have been sized to operate with a certain amount of wear to the working surfaces. The trigger is designed to operate in dusty, abrasive environments that cause wear.
- Type: 2 Stage
- 1st Stage Weight: 2.5lbs. (4.0lbs in Full Auto)
- 2nd Stage Weight: 2.0lbs.
- Total Pull Weight: 4.5lbs. (6.0lbs. in Full Auto)
- Adjustable: No
- Recommended Use: Law Enforcement, Military
- Pin Size: Mil-Spec