Heckler & Koch MP5-SD 9mm Suppressed Submachine Gun
CAN ONLY BE SOLD DIRECTLY TO GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, NOT AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUAL OR DEALER SAMPLE PURCHASE
Made to meet the requirements of special forces units the Heckler & Koch MP5SD 9mm integrally suppressed submachine gun delivers. Despite its integrated silencer element, it has the same length and shape as an unsilenced submachine gun and unlike most conventional silenced submachine guns it fires standard ammunition with the same effect, the use of special subsonic ammunition is not necessary. The integrated silencer element suppresses the muzzle flash extremely effectively, as a result of which the weapon is also excellent for night operations using low-light amplifiers. No wonder the MP5SD is one of the most accurate silenced submachine guns of its type.
First developed in the mid-1960s, the 9 mm Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun uses the same delayed blowback operating system found on the famous HK G3 automatic rifle. Reliability, accuracy, ease of handling, simple maintenance, and safety—all the elements of HK excellence are highlighted on the MP5. Firing from the closed-bolt position in all modes of fire make MP5 submachine guns extremely accurate and controllable.
Continual product improvements over more than 40 years of production have kept the MP5 up-to-date and technologically current; it is firmly established as the world’s pre-eminent submachine gun among military and law enforcement users.
Over 120 MP5 variants are available to address the widest range of tactical requirements. A selection of optional trigger groups allow for single fire only, full automatic, 2-round, and 3-round burst options. The weapon’s unique modular design and a variety of optional buttstocks, forearms, sight mounts, and other accessories gives the MP5 extraordinary flexibility to meet most any mission requirement.
Features & System Characteristics:
- Highly reliable recoil-operated delayed blowback bolt system
- Precision-made free-floating, cold hammer forged barrel delivers long barrel life (20,000+ rounds)
- Fires from accurate closed-bolt position (upon cessation of firing, the bolt is closed)
- Fixed, retractable, and folding buttstocks are interchangeable
- Special attachment points for mounting optical sights or other aiming units with 100% return-to-zero
- Interchangeable trigger groups
- Extensive variety of HK and after market accessories
- Caliber: 9mm
- Width: 1.96 in.
- Height: 10.23 in.
- Weight w/ Magazine:
- 5.97 lb (MP5SD-A2) Fixed Stock
- 7.16 lb (MP5SD-A3) Retractable Stock
- Sight Radius: 13.38 in.
- Barrel Length: 8.85 in.
- Rate of Fire: 800 rpm
- Magazine Capacity: 15 or 30 rounds
- Modes of Fire: Various Configurations Available
- Sights: Dioptre Sight
- Stocks: A2 Fixed Stock or A3 Retractable Stock