SureFire SOCOM338-RC Fast-Attach .338cal Rifle Sound Suppressor
The all-titanium SureFire SOCOM338-Ti Fast-Attach® suppressor is optimized for .338 Lapua sniper rifles. This ultra-light, combat-ready suppressor is constructed from the highest-quality titanium—one of the world’s lightest and strongest materials—and is designed and manufactured with extreme tolerances to ensure accuracy and meet the demands of a precision sniper. It features the same cutting-edge technology and design as SureFire’s SOCOM556-RC and SOCOM762-RC suppressors, which were selected by U.S. Special Operations Command as first among all competitors in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in U.S. history.
At only 10 inches long and 22 ounces in total weight, the SOCOM338-Ti adds minimal length and weight to the weapon, minimizing any impact on weapon-handling characteristics. The suppressor tube is constructed from Grade 9 titanium, while the front plate, baffles, and lock ring are machined from Grade 5 titanium. Unprecedented accuracy is achieved from bore concentricity that exceeds match-grade ammo requirements and back-section tolerances that are tighter than a human hair, so the weapon shoots with nominal and consistent point-of-impact shift when suppressed, regardless of the number of attach/detach cycles.
Advanced internal venting reduces back pressure, lowering the suppressed cyclic rate and gas blowback onto the operator and increasing weapon reliability, while the unique front-plate design, along with proprietary improvements in gas-flow dynamics, nearly eliminate first-round flash. This is a crucial benefit for the warfighter. Like all SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach suppressors, the SOCOM338-Ti superbly attenuates a weapon’s sound, flash, and dust signature, helping to conceal an operator’s location. And for added safety, the suppressor features fail-safe baffles, which prevent a bullet from exiting out the side of the suppressor.
The combat-proven patented Fast-Attach® design provides rock-solid attachment/detachment of the suppressor with no tools required. An innovative mounting adapter, which also serves as a high-performance muzzle brake that enhance a weapon’s performance when unsuppressed, features tapered multiple bearing surfaces for tight mating with the suppressor’s back section. For added durability and a long service life, the suppressor is coated with Cerakote and Ionbond DLC, available in Black or Dark Earth. This rugged suppressor is durable enough for fulltime use and, in most cases, SureFire suppressors outlast the barrels to which they are attached.
All SureFire Fast-Attach® sound suppressors provide crucial tactical benefits—they reduce the weapon’s sound signature, concealing operator's position and protecting both the operator and team members against both permanent and temporary hearing loss, while enhancing situational awareness and communication; reduce or virtually eliminate muzzle flash, concealing an operator's position and preserving dark-adapted vision; reduce dust signature, concealing an operator’s position and maintaining an unobstructed view; and reduce recoil, improving bullet impact observation and allowing for faster follow-up shots.
The SOCOM338-TI-BK/DE is only compatible with the SFMB-338-3/4-24 or SFMB-338-5/8-24 muzzle brakes and is not backward compatible with 7.62 or 5.56 muzzle brakes and flash hiders.
- Patented Fast-Attach® design provides rock-solid attachment and easy removal in seconds
- Designed for all 7.62 rifles specifically including those chambered for high-pressure magnum cartridges
- New design provides superior sound attenuation, virtual elimination of first-round muzzle flash, and decreased dust signature
- Minimal and consistent point-of-impact shift compared with unsuppressed weapon regardless of number of attach/detach cycles
- Compact and lightweight for minimal impact on weapon handling characteristics
- Advanced core design reduces back pressure, suppressed cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Constructed from advanced high-temperature US mill-certified alloys and stainless steel
- Redundant-welded subcomponents eliminate parts loosening
- Tough, corrosion-resistant Ionbond and Cerakote™ finish in Black or Dark Earth color
- Caliber: 8.6 mm (.338 caliber)
- Length: 10 inches
- Weight: 22 ounces
- Diameter: 2 inches